THEE Burrito to eat… A long time family favorite that can be changed so easily to adjust to your families taste buds, yet remains delicious!
Burritos are a favorite amongst my boys! If you want your kids to eat something, seriously- stuff it into a burrito or put it on a stick! I found even among none picky eaters, it just tastes better that way. Make mini wrapped pockets on a stick or enjoy this go-to burrito recipe my kiddos request and gobble up on family game night!
Beefy Bean Burritos
2 lbs of hamburger/ venison burger (browned)
1 onion sautéed with burger
1 (28oz) can of refried beans (or 3-4 Cups of homemade refried pinto beans)
Large package of cheddar cheese
*1 can enchilada sauce or salsa
1. Fry the first two ingredients.
2. Then in a saucepan heat refried beans.
3. With a fresh warm tortilla place burger mix, then beans and top with cheese. Roll tortilla and place on cookie sheet.
4. When all are rolled (12 small), drizzle with optional enchilada sauce/ salsa, or just sprinkle with cheese. Place in oven until warmed and cheese is melted, serve.
Now this is the basic recipe. The post called for Loaded Beefy Bean Burritos! Feel free to add your own ingredients, this is my recipe for today!
1. Fry the first two ingredients with 1 jar of jalapenos (your preference on kind or if omitting).
2. When cooked, return heat to low. Add 1 pint of salsa. Add garlic, chili powder, oregano, cumin seasoning to suite your families taste buds.
3. In saucepan, heat refried beans. To refried beans add one can tomatoes with green chilies.
4. Prepare rice in rice maker to get 2-3 cups prepared
5. On a fresh warm tortilla place a spoonful of meat mixture, then a handful of cheddar cheese, then a scoop of refried and prepared rice. Wrap and place on cookie sheet. Makes 12 XL burritos (homemade tortillas).
6. When all burritos are placed on cookie sheet, top with salsa, cilantro, enchilada sauce, 1 can of tomatoes w/ green chilies, cheese and black olives. Heat in oven 350- until warm and cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and/ or pica de gallo.